Most commonly used in the past as retrofit add-ons in homes with ‘non-ducted’ heating systems, including those with radiant panels and space heaters, mini splits can also be a great option for room additions and small apartments, where installing or extending ductwork for a central air conditioner or heating system isn’t possible. Ductless mini splits are also a good choice to consider in new homes for high efficiency.
As with central HVAC systems, mini-splits have two primary components: an outdoor compressor/condenser and an indoor air-handling unit.
At Triangle Heating & Cooling, we specialize in installing, repairing and maintaining ductless mini-split systems. When debating whether to invest in such a system, consider some of the biggest benefits it provides.
Benefits of Ductless Mini Splits
- Mini-splits offer flexibility. Central air conditioners and traditional heat pumps force air through ducts, while mini-splits deliver air directly into the different rooms or areas of your home or office. They improve temperature control and are a cost-effective way to replace an inefficient window unit or space heater.
- Mini-splits install easily. It can take days to install a ducted system, which can disrupt daily activity. Depending on the number of units you choose to install, it can take as little as a few hours to get a ductless system operating.
- Mini-splits improve indoor air quality. To ensure your indoor air quality is optimal with a ducted system, you must invest in professional duct cleaning. Ductless systems provide multi-stage filtration that drastically reduces dirt, dust, bacteria, allergens, pollen and other pollutants in the air.
- Mini-splits provide greater efficiency. Ductless systems are smaller, and their zoning capabilities lead to greater energy efficiency when operating. They follow ENERGY STAR guidelines, and they use advanced processes to reduce the impacts they have on the environment.
- Mini-splits save you money. Of course, when you improve energy efficiency, you save money on your utility bills. Ductless systems use less power to operate, are smaller than traditional systems and offer greater temperature control, which all leads to a lower energy bill at the end of the month.
Every home and office in State College, Lock Haven and Lewiston, PA, is different. At Triangle Heating & Cooling, we know how to assess your specific heating and cooling environment to estimate how much you might benefit from a ductless mini-split system. If you’re curious about this advancing HVAC technology, or if you need an immediate repair, contact us today for more information.