Dealing With a Compressor That Continually Freezes Up?
Icy buildup accounts for many State College AC repairs. Ice initially appears on the indoor cooling coil. It can then work its way outside and generate frost on the refrigerant line. Ice can then move along the refrigerant line to the outdoor condenser unit where you might discover a frozen AC compressor. Frosty buildup can be caused by many different things, so pinpointing and treating the source of the problem can be challenging.
Why Does Ice Collect on AC Units?
Frozen compressors, icy coils, and frosty refrigerant lines are all a product of evaporator coils that are too cold. Nearby moisture in warm air condenses on the cooling coils and freezes. That can make the compressor run hot and burn out. The compressor could also freeze up. If it does, indoor air will feel warmer than it should. The compressor is the most expensive component of your air conditioner. It pays to schedule AC repairs promptly.
What Can Cause a Frozen Compressor?
- A clogged air filter that’s limiting the amount of air that’s moving over the cooling coil.
- Insufficient refrigerant or too much refrigerant that are causing icy buildup while destroying your compressor.
- A broken blower motor that’s not funneling warm air over the cooling coil.
- A broken expansion valve that’s not properly controlling how much refrigerant enters the cooling coil.
- A blocked condensate drain line that’s causing water to collect in one place where it can easily freeze.
- A dirty evaporator coil that’s blocking the flow of air as it travels across the cooling coil.
Icy air conditioners need prompt attention. Triangle Heating & Cooling is on the job 24/7 to assist you with emergency service. Call us at (814) 424-9119 for speedy AC repairs.
You May Also Like
Are you having issues with slow-draining sinks, clogged toilets, or a backed-up dishwasher in your Bellefonte home? Put away the plunger and… Continue Reading Reasons to Invest in Professional Clog Removal Services…
Traditional water heaters, the ones with large tanks, are among the most commonly found in Lock Haven, PA homes today. Unfortunately, these… Continue Reading Tankless Water Heaters Save on Space and Utility Costs…
Cool, crisp autumn air has arrived in Bellefonte, PA, which means it’s time to start on your winter prep list. One item… Continue Reading Schedule a Boiler Tune-Up Before Cold Weather Arrives…