Installing an Energy Star Rated Heating System
Install an Energy Star-rated heater to save energy and money while helping the environment. If you live in the State College, PA area and your current heater is more than 15 years old, an Energy Star-qualified replacement could lower your annual heating bills by 5 to 20 percent or more.
Energy Star Standards for Heating Systems
In addition to setting minimum efficiency standards for HVAC equipment and household appliances, the EPA classifies a second tier of high-efficiency products that may display the Energy Star label. Here’s what separates these systems from the competition.
- Furnaces: In Pennsylvania, Energy Star-certified gas furnaces must be at least 95 percent efficient, and oil furnaces must be at least 85 percent efficient. Most products use modulating gas nozzles, two-stage burners and variable-speed fans to meet or exceed these minimums.
- Heat Pumps: Whether you’re shopping for a packaged system or a ductless mini-split, most high-efficiency heat pumps feature multi-stage compressors, variable-speed fans and variable refrigerant valves that help them achieve HSPF ratings between 8.2 and 13.5.
- Boilers: Oil boilers must have an AFUE rating of 87, and gas boilers must have an AFUE of 90 although many systems are even more efficient. High-performance boilers typically have sealed combustion chambers and electronic ignitions that reduce energy losses by 6 percent or more.
Benefits of Choosing Efficient Heating Equipment
Although a government-certified heating system can lower your utility bills by $115 a year or more, there are other benefits besides saving energy. Check out some of the advantages.
- Efficient systems incorporate the latest comfort-enhancing features.
- Many products qualify for rebates that can lower your heater installation costs.
- Reduced fuel use shrinks your carbon footprint and helps the environment.
- State-of-the-art equipment can improve your home’s resale value.
If you’re ready to save energy, you can learn more about our heater installation services online or by calling Triangle Heating & Cooling at (814) 355-7653. We install dependable products made by Trane, Mitsubishi Electric and the U.S. Boiler Company.
You May Also Like
Tackle Boiler Repair Issues Early On To Save Money
Colder weather has arrived in Bellefonte, PA. Many older homes have boilers, which offer a convenient way to deliver heat without using… Continue Reading Tackle Boiler Repair Issues Early On To Save Money…
Reasons to Invest in Professional Clog Removal Services
Are you having issues with slow-draining sinks, clogged toilets, or a backed-up dishwasher in your Bellefonte home? Put away the plunger and… Continue Reading Reasons to Invest in Professional Clog Removal Services…
Tankless Water Heaters Save on Space and Utility Costs
Traditional water heaters, the ones with large tanks, are among the most commonly found in Lock Haven, PA homes today. Unfortunately, these… Continue Reading Tankless Water Heaters Save on Space and Utility Costs…